WFC 'Return to Training' Information
Dear 2020 Members and Families,
Finally we have some good news regarding Football for the remainder of Season 2020!
A 'Return to Training' weekly timetable is being drafted in consultation with our coaches to accommodate all teams whilst adhering to the mandated spacing and social distancing restrictions. With only 30 people in total allowed on the oval at any one time, a staggered training approach will be required. It may also be necessary for some teams to train on a differing night than usual until some of the restrictions are eased further.
The week starting on Monday, 19th May is earmarked as a potential start to all Club trainings. The two attachments, particularly the 'Plan B' document is what we are using as a basis for the draft timetable and how 'trainings' will operate in the interim.
Please keep an eye on your teams preferred communication channel via your coaches and/or team managers for any training days, times and format.
Hopefully we will then progress towards a ‘Return to Play’ date, (most likely 27th June or July 4th barring any further Covid-19 shutdowns/restrictions). A nine round home and away season looks to be the format for season 2020. Crowds, social distancing, social clubs and canteens being allowed to open will all be factors for the Club to consider moving forward and will become clearer in due course.
We are meeting as a committee this Tuesday, 12/5 and then via Zoom with the Great Southern Football League executive and delegates on Thursday, 14/5. This will hopefully provide us with more information on how to proceed.
Meanwhile the Committee has been focussed on:
- raising funds and actioning trades to complete the changeroom rebuild
- promoting existing sponsors and pursuing new ones
- applying for STARCLUB accreditation (this assists with future government grant applications)
- updating club policies and renewing our Goodsports accreditation
- digitally recording Willunga FC history (photos and old documents)
- uploading and updating content for our new website
- seeking alternative fundraising revenue streams
We hope to see everyone back into ‘football mode’ at the oval over the coming weeks!
Yours in Football,
Willunga FC Committee – 2020